Blackened Cod Sandwich
Yield: 4 Sandwiches
BLACKENED COD SANDWICH
Prep time: 1 HourCook time: 10 MinTotal time: 1 H & 10 M
- 4 - 5 oz Cod Filets, skin removed
- 1 TB Chili Powder
- 1 TB Paprika
- 1/2 TB Garlic Powder
- 1/2 TB Onion Powder
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt, plus more
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 3-4 Cups of Shredded Iceberg Lettuce or Shredded Cabbage
- 2 TB Fresh Herbs, chopped (any mix of basil, tarragon, dill or parsley)
- 2 TB Capers, chopped
- 2 TB Cornichon, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1 Garlic Clove, grated
- 1 tsp Dijon
- 1 TB Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- 4 Brioche Buns, insides toasted in a pan with butter
- Sliced Avocado
- Sliced Tomato
Blackened Cod, Slaw and Assembly
- Combine all of the spices to make the blackening spice.
- Lightly season the cod with kosher salt.
- Coat the cod filets in the blackening spice (you might not need to use all of the spice mixture).
- Heat a nonstick pan to medium heat with a little olive oil.
- Sear the cod for 3-4 minutes per side. The fish is done when it just starts to flake.
- Combine all the slaw ingredients together.
- Top each toasted brioche bun with avocado, blackened cod, slaw and tomatoes.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @diningbykelly on instagram and hashtag it # diningbykelly