This recipe is adapted from Silver Palate Cookbook. Chicken thighs are my absolute favorite, so I have modified the recipe using just those, with a couple other changes. This dish is the ultimate dinner party recipe!
Yield: 4 Servings
Recipe adapted from the Silver Palate Cookbook
Prep time: 24 HourCook time: 1 HourTotal time: 25 Hour
- 8 Chicken Thighs, bone-in and skin-on
- 8 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup Fresh Oregano, chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Capers, with a little bit of juice
- 1/2 cup Prunes, quartered
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Green Olives, whole
- 1 cup Dry White Wine
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- Kosher Salt
- Combine chicken thighs with garlic, oregano, parsley, capers, prunes, red wine vinegar, olive oil, and olives.
- Marinade 8 hours to overnight.
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Place chicken with all the marinade ingredients in a roasting pan.
- Season chicken with kosher salt on both sides, sprinkle brown sugar on top of each piece of chicken, and pour in white wine.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour. If the chicken isn't brown on top after the hour, turn the broiler on for a couple minutes.
- Let the chicken rest for 20 minutes in the pan juices, then strain the liquid from the roasting pan into a small saucepan.
- Simmer the sauce until it has reduced by half and pour over the chicken.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @diningbykelly on instagram and hashtag it #diningbykelly