Chicken Pesto Meatballs
CHICKEN PESTO MEATBALLS
Yield: 24 Small Meatballs
Prep time: 30 MinCook time: 10 MinTotal time: 40 Min
- 1 pound Smart Chicken Organic Ground Chicken
- 1/2 cup Yellow Onion, diced
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Pesto, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup Chopped Basil
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Bring a pan to medium heat and sweat down onions with a little olive oil and salt for about 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer onions to a large mixing bowl and let them come to room temperature.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl and combine, being careful not to overmix.
- Form meatballs in small 1 1/2 inch round balls and place on a parchment or tin foil lined baking sheet.
- Heat a pan with some olive oil to medium heat.
- Sear meatballs on all sides until golden brown, then place back onto the baking sheet.
- Finish cooking the meatballs in the oven for about 7-10 minutes.
- To serve, spread some pesto down onto a plate, top with meatballs and finish with grated parmesan cheese and freshly torn basil.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @diningbykelly on instagram and hashtag it # diningbykelly