Asian noodle dishes are among the top 5 things I would eat as my last meal. Chewy pan-fried noodles appropriately covered in a tangy sesame soy sauce is all really one needs in life. Tossing in a couple veggies and topping it with a runny egg doesn’t hurt either.
Pan-Fried Noodles with Shiitake, Bean Sprouts, Scallions, and Soft Boiled Egg
Prep time: 30 MinCook time: 45 MinTotal time: 1 H & 15 M
- Chinese Thick Style Noodles, Twin Marquis brand or any other thick Asian style noodle – 1 lb, cooked to package instructions
- Bean sprouts – 4 cups
- Shiitake mushroom, sliced – 2 cups
- Scallions, sliced 1 inch – ½ cup
- Sesame seeds – ¼ cup, divided
- Avocado Oil - 2 TB
- Eggs- 4
- Soy sauce – 6 TB
- Rice wine vinegar – 2 TB
- Garlic, minced – 1 TB
- Oyster sauce – 2 TB
- Sesame oil – 1 tsp
- Combine sauce ingredients, set aside.
- Sautee mushrooms with a little oil on high heat until browned and cooked through. Remove from pan. Add bean sprouts to pan and cook on high for a few minutes. Add back mushrooms, add noodles, scallions, half of the sesame needs, and toss around. Let pan come to high heat until noodles begin to brown. Drizzle in sauce; continue to toss noodles, adding in a little water if the sauce becomes too thick.
- Finish with extra sesame seeds and a soft-boiled egg.
- Soft Boiled Egg Instructions (can make ahead and reheat before serving): Bring water in a pot to a boil. Place eggs in water and boil for 4-6 minutes (4 minutes will be a very runny egg and 6 minutes will create a jammy type egg). Immediately move eggs to ice water for a few minutes. To peel, crack the shell all around using the back of a metal spoon. Peel a bit of the shell off using your fingers and use the spoon to lift and remove the remaining shell. To reheat, place eggs in a pot of boiling water for just a few seconds before serving.