Pesto is simple, quick and easy, but so delicious. I add some spinach to a classic pesto sauce to bulk and brighten it up.
Prep time: 10 MinCook time: 20 MinTotal time: 30 Min
- 2 cups, Fresh Basil, packed
- 2 cups, Fresh Spinach, packed
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 3/4 cup, Pine Nuts
- 1/2 cup, Parmesan
- 3/4 cup, Olive Oil
- 1 box of Pasta
- Kosher Salt
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Blend all ingredients together in a food processor.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook pasta and reserve about a cup of pasta water.
- Add pasta to a pan and toss with pesto and a pinch of red pepper flakes, gradually adding in pasta water to create a creamy sauce.
- Finish pasta with extra parmesan.