Teriyaki is probably one of my favorite sauces. The balance of sweet and salty goes well on pretty much everything, especially salmon.
Yield: 2 Servings
Prep time: 15 MinCook time: 10 MinTotal time: 25 Min
- 2 - 6oz Salmon Filets
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Ginger, grated
- 1 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 TB Mirin
- 1 TB Cornstarch dissolved in 1 TB Water
- 1/4 Avocado Oil
- Sesame Seeds (to garnish)
- Bring soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, mirin, and cornstarch slurry to a pot.
- Whisk together on medium heat until the sauce has thickened. Set aside.
- Pat salmon dry with paper towels.
- Heat a pan with avocado oil to medium heat.
- Sear salmon filets for about 3 minutes per side until almost cooked through.
- Transfer salmon to a tin foil lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle teriyaki sauce over the salmon and place in the oven to broil until the sauce has caramelized. About another minute or two.
- Serve with more teriyaki sauce.