Blistered Shishitos with Toasted Sesame Peanut Panko Crumble and Chili Lime Mayo
This salty crumble and zesty spicy sauce elevates the peppers to create a super flavorful side dish.
Yield: 3 Servings
Blistered Shishitos with Sesame Peanut Crumble and Chili Lime Mayo
Prep time: 10 MinCook time: 15 MinTotal time: 25 Min
- 12 oz Shishito Peppers
- 1/4 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Peanuts, crushed
- 2 TB Sesame Seeds
- 1 TB Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 TB Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1 Lime, juiced and zested
- Kosher salt
- Avocado oil
- For the sauce, whisk together mayo, chili garlic sauce, and lime and set aside.
- Melt butter in a pan on medium-low heat.
- Add in Panko breadcrumbs and a little salt and toss around for two minutes to toast.
- Add in peanuts and sesame seeds and continue tossing until the breadcrumbs are golden brown and the sesame seeds are fragrant, about another minute or two.
- Remove the crumble and set aside.
- Heat a cast iron pan to medium-high with some avocado oil.
- Add in the peppers, season with salt, and let them sit in the pan for about a minute to blister.
- Then start tossing them around for about 5 minutes until all of the peppers have blistered and softened a bit.
- Remove from the pan and top with the sauce and crumble.