Cheesy Jalapeño & Bacon Polenta
Yield: 6 servings
CHEESY JALAPEÑO & BACON POLENTA
Prep time: 30 MinCook time: 15 MinTotal time: 45 Min
- 2 TB Butter
- 2 Jalapeños, diced
- 2 cups Water
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Milk
- 1 cup Dry Polenta (Bob's Red Mill)
- 8oz Bacon, cooked and chopped
- 8 oz Grated Pepper Jack and Cheddar (equal parts)
- 3 TB Chives, chopped
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Heat a large pot to medium-low heat and add in the butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add in the jalapeños and sauté for about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour in the water and milk and bring to a boil.
- Add in the polenta, lower the heat to simmer and continue stirring for about 5 minutes.
- Once the polenta thickens, it should be finished cooking.
- Turn off the heat, add in the cheese and stir until melted and season with kosher salt and black pepper to taste.
- Stir in a couple TB of chopped chives.
- Serve the polenta in a wide dish and top with bacon and extra chives.
- If the polenta gets too thick, add in a little more milk or water.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @diningbykelly on instagram and hashtag it # diningbykelly