Golden and crispy potato pancakes. So simple and perfect!
Yield: 8-10 Latkes
Prep time: 30 MinCook time: 10 MinTotal time: 40 Min
- 1 pound Russet Potatoes (2 medium potatoes), grated
- 1/4 Yellow Onion, grated
- 3 TB AP Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Vegetable Oil, for frying
- Wrap grated potatoes in a cheese cloth or dish towel and wring out as much liquid as possible.
- Add potatoes to a mixing bowl along with flour, egg, onion, salt, and a few cracks of black pepper.
- Combine everything together.
- Heat about 1 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet to 350F.
- Form patties from the potato mixture and place into the oil.
- Fry until dark golden brown on both sides. (about 3-4 minutes per side)
- Place fried latkes on a paper towel and finish with salt.
- Serve with sour cream or applesauce.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @diningbykelly on instagram and hashtag it #diningbykelly