Yield: 4 Servings
Prep time: 15 MinCook time: 20 MinTotal time: 35 Min
- 2 TB Unsalted Butter
- 2 cups Mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups Orzo
- 3 1/2 - 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup Basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Frozen Corn Kernels
- 1/2 cup Frozen Peas
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Heat chicken stock in a pot.
- Bring another pot to medium-high heat and add 1 TB of butter.
- Add mushrooms, and sauté for a few minutes until browned.
- Remove mushrooms and set aside with the other vegetables.
- Add in the other TB of butter and sweat onions and garlic for a couple minutes.
- Add in orzo and stir together with the onion and garlic.
- Ladle in about a cup of chicken stock at a time, stirring continuously, adding more chicken stock as the orzo absorbs the liquid.
- Continue stirring and adding in stock for about 10 minutes until the orzo is tender.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @diningbykelly on instagram and hashtag it #diningbykelly